Hesistant Peugeot

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Hesistant Peugeot

Post by Fat Freddy »

last capture, what's the current from ?
Injectors - all

I've added RPM (reasonable representation) to give a better image.
With RPM
With RPM
Anyway it was taken first thing this morning. Apparently customer has no money either and borrowed money for the plugs and coil.

I would of liked to have known what it was for my own interest.

The comp ratio just seemed to high. That's measured 4 different ways by two different mechanics with three different tools.
For an engine with 10.8:1 comp 215 psi seems too high (throttle plate closed). About 185 would be more expected.
The first image indicated over 250psi just before a stall (partially open throttle).
Running compressions once hot and running almost normal was about 96psi.

I'm thinking the leaking EGR is leading to poor combustion and Carbon deposits.

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Cheers Arjen. Thanks for that.

Defiantly some similarity's there. The one difference is my capture has better fuel control but defiantly pockets of Oxygen coming through. Yours I think has more full misfires, that's just my thoughts.
Screenshot (11).png
http://www.motor.com/article.asp?article_ID=1089

Is worth a read.

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Looks like we may have a fix, although I would like to see for myself...........

Even though he stared expressionless at a wall while eating his peach as I explained what I thought and his wife scribbled out the cheque. He was after a more logical explanation.

I get a phone call - it's fixed. After two morning starts, first crank, no stalls, no hesitation he let it go. It was bad before.
Two lots of Subaru upper engine cleaner, injectors pulled out for cleaning and injector clean added to tank.
He's a smiley man again and he once more looks me in the eye. Happy days.
So often Logic makes no sense. :wink:

Cheers.
FF