User configurable toolbars

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Boguslaw

User configurable toolbars

Post by Boguslaw »

Hello,

I have installed Picoscope 6 automotive software (6.7.40.3 stable). I heve try to find in User's Guide how to configure toolbars but I didn't find. My question is: how can I add new buttons e.g Maths Channels or Reference Waveforms to the toolbar?

Regards,

Boguslaw

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: User configurable toolbars

Post by PicoMike »

Hi,

Sadly this is not a feature we have available at this time.

Out of interest can I ask what Math Channels you are using?

Regards,

Mike
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Boguslaw

Post by Boguslaw »

Hello,

I currently don't use Maths Channels, that was only an example. When I was watching PicoScope 6 Itroduction on Autonerdz Channel I've seen that te program looks little another than the one I've got. There is side tab for properties which is very usefull and also Reference Waveforms button on toolbar. On Pico automotive website under tab Software in section Good looks. Good design I've bin written that there is a feature: User- configurable toolbars that's why I tought that can I configure myself toolbar whichever I like.

Regards,

Boguslaw

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Boguslaw wrote:Hello,

I currently don't use Maths Channels, that was only an example. When I was watching PicoScope 6 Itroduction on Autonerdz Channel I've seen that te program looks little another than the one I've got. There is side tab for properties which is very usefull and also Reference Waveforms button on toolbar. On Pico automotive website under tab Software in section Good looks. Good design I've bin written that there is a feature: User- configurable toolbars that's why I tought that can I configure myself toolbar whichever I like.

Regards,

Boguslaw
Hi Boguslaw,

The Properties tab can be revealed by choosing "Views>View Properties".

I think the Autonerdz software is handled seperately, but I will investigate.

Mike
Mike Valentine

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi Boguslaw,

PicoScope evolves.

PicoScope has a LOT of capabilities and features. That's why we have so many hours of tutorials for our Picogroup members. Each one covers one or more features. Obviously, we cannot redo all the tutorials every time they change a feature or move a button. So....

The tutorials are a progression. We do one on a feature and then later if that feature is changed or vanishes, a later tutorial tells you about the changes. When you watch them all in order, you'll see the evolution.

So, when watching the tutorials, don't fret if you can't find a feature or button in your current version that is shown in a tutorial.

These tutorials are separate from our YouTube channel stuff but the same principle applies. The PicoScope introduction you watched on our YouTube channel was done with an old build that had buttons for reference waveforms and math channels. Shortly after this it became obvious that, with the explosion of new features and capabilities, we were going to have way too many buttons. The decision was made to move to menu driven function selection to preserve scope screen real estate. This was a really good call IMHO. Most features are only two clicks away. Buttons were just clutter.

Tom Roberts
http://www.autonerdz.com/

Boguslaw

Post by Boguslaw »

Hello,

thank you for quick answer and clear explanation.

Regards,

Boguslaw

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Thanks for that Tom, 8)
Mike Valentine