Vectra Z19DTH

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Leigh16v

Vectra Z19DTH

Post by Leigh16v »

I have a customer with a 2004, Vectra Z19DTH.
It's slow to start after standing for more than an Hour, and has recently started cutting out under load.
Fuel pressure fault sprung to mind!
Fault codes are to do with Fuel Pressure Regulation, upper limit Reached, which will be the cutting out under strain.
I'm not up to scratch on this type of fuel Regulation, as it has what seems to be a DRV on the :lol: back of the pump, as in most common rail engines, Then it also has one on the fuel rail, opposite end to the pressure sensor.
Upon cranking, it takes a while for the pressure to Hit the 200 bar mark.
On tickover I scoped both " Rail Regulator" and " Pump Regulator"
I'm sure the rail Regulator is ok, but unsure of the the " Pump Regulator", but am not sure, as I'm not sure exactly how this system works!
Here are the scope captures at Idle,
Any help or explanation into this system would be Appreciated... :)
Attachments
Vectra Z19DTH Glyn.psdata
Pump regulator
(7.71 MiB) Downloaded 686 times
Vectra Z19DTH Glyn Rail.psdata
Rail Regulator
(7.9 MiB) Downloaded 663 times

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Vectra Z19DTH

Post by Robski »

it would help for starters if you labelled your channels & how & where you were probed/grounded/testing, without, those captures are as mad as a bottle of chips !

Phoenix

Re: Vectra Z19DTH

Post by Phoenix »

have you check the back leak on the injector, also check the end of the rail back leak pipe if you have fuel coming out when when cranking the reg U/S