2006 peugeot 2L cam/crank sync

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
veejful

2006 peugeot 2L cam/crank sync

Post by veejful »

Hi people,

I have a 2006 peugeot 2L diesal with timing issue.Engine code is DW10BTED4 (RHR). I'm looking for cam/crank wave form to check the timing, before I dig in to it. can someone help me out with the wave form please. your consideration would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

arjen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 2006 peugeot 2L cam/crank sync

Post by arjen »

Had an rhr in a few months ago. The camshaftpoulie turned at the camstaft ( spie broken ).
If I remember rightly, the camshaft sensor looks at the poulie, so there was no timing problem in the cam/crank waveform.
I will see if I have a known good waveform tomorrow.
The car I was working on would not start.
Compared cilinder 1 injection to battery voltage during cranking. That looked oke, injection at tdc as normally.
But when I removed cilinder 1 glow plug ( so there would be no compression ) I found out that the injection of cilinder on was at the compression peak of cilinder 4. So the injection was at the and of the exhaust stroke.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

CKP/CMP sync live data yes/no ??

veejful

Post by veejful »

live data shows cam/crank sync 'yes'. car is chugging badly and smoke like hell and fuel coming out of the tail pipe even on idle .RPM goes up and down(not more than 2000)on idle seems like the injection problem or the timing issue.but how come tho the unburned fuel throwing out the exhaust .injection live data shows inj 1 n 2 about 60 and 3 n 4 136. injection knock can be clearly hear on higher revs. Any in puts on that? thanx!

arjen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by arjen »

Here is a timing waveform. When yours is good in live data you may have a problem with the camshaft poulie as well.
Attachments
timing.psdata
(3.98 MiB) Downloaded 768 times

veejful

Post by veejful »

Tank you so much Arjen! Ill check it out.