WPS 500 vs Firstlook sensor

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Andrus
OneWave
OneWave

WPS 500 vs Firstlook sensor

Post by Andrus »

WPS 500 vs Firstlook sensor.

Which is better one ? Does WPS 500 covers all that Firstlook can do ? Or Firtstlook is still better on some areas compared to WPS 500

s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: WPS 500 vs Firstlook sensor

Post by s4c »

Hi

I have not owned a first look sensor, however, I do have the WPS500. And I would not be without it!

From compression waveforms, fuel pressure, oil pressure, exhaust pulses, intake measuring and more if you put your mind to it makes it a very versatile piece of kit.

Someone with a first look sensor might be able to give you their take on one.

Regards

Simon

PicoPhil
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoPhil »

HI Simon
Please remember that the WPS 500 and the 1st look sensor are completely different tools. The WPS will measure pressure and the 1st look sensor will see pulses as an electrical displays within the PicoScope software. When the 1st look sensor is used with the ACE misfire detective software this helps the user with his diagnostic process. The WPS can see the complete operation of the inlet and exhaust valves and also covers low fuel pressure, manifold pressure and exhaust back pressure. Thanks Philip

Andrus
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Andrus »

Hi Philip,

I understand what is difference between Firstlook sensor and WPS500 pressure sensor.

Pressure sensor can also measure pulses from exaust when using 3 range:
( I did it on Volvo passanger car. )

I tried to know, does WPS500 pressure sensor outperformes Firstlook sensor or Firstlook sensor is better for sensing pulses.

Cheers,

Andrus

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

I tried to know, does WPS500 pressure sensor outperformes Firstlook sensor or Firstlook sensor is better for sensing pulses.
As mentioned, two different tools. One measure's pressure. The other displays change. The first look seems to be more sensitive. But a lot can be gained from the WPS.

http://www.picoauto.com/automotivetopic ... lator.html

Some have tried a MAP sensor as a Firstlook sensor.

FF