Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
LR glenn

Post by LR glenn »

Hello everyone! i am new to the world of pico and im currently deciding which kit to purchase, i have been reading the case studies and i believe the pico will take my diagnostic skills to the next level. I have worked as a master technician with Land Rover for the past ten years so if i can assist anybody please let me know (i will certainly be asking for plenty of advise on the use of the pico kit!)
Thanks
Glenn

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: new member

Post by Alan »

Hi Glenn,

Welcome on board!

As for which kit you have made the most important choice already by deciding to get a PicoScope :D

Its then a 2 step process - decide between 2 and 4 channels. You can do a lot with 2 channels, but if you are serious about improving your diagnostic skills then you may regret not going for 4 channels - it saves time (eg looking at 4 x ABS sensors at the same time rather than 2 and then 2) and is great for things like checking timing (cam, crank, injector & ignition).

Of course cost is always an issue which is why we introduced the stripped down 4 channel starter kit - its the same price as the standard 2 channel kit but can be upgraded over time by adding in the missing accessories.

Best Regards
Alan

LR glenn

Re: new member

Post by LR glenn »

Hi Alan,
I have decided to go for the 4 channel kit as think i would regret it in the future if i went for the two! i have pretty much made up my mind to go for the 4 channel standard kit as it has everything i need, luckily on friday Land Rover have added the Pico scope to their list of recommended tools so when i will be going to visit my boss with a presentation of what the kit can do ( see if i can pursuade him to buy me one! ) If not i will just have to treat myself. The more i see the case studies the more i wish i had bought one earlier would have saved my hours of headaches on problem jobs!!

kind regards
Glenn