Renault Master P1882

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Renault Master P1882

Post by Greg.H »

Hi everyone

2004 Renault Master 2.5 DCI cut out under load.
My friend had a go on it but he gave up so the van been brought ower to me.i didn't have a time for a proper look yet only read the code out and asked him about the sympton.trouble code P1882
Original fault: diesel was leaking from high pressure pump.He put new pump on it and since vehicle cut out under load.
He mentioned this problem getting worse since he put the new pump on.Changed high pressure pump back for the old one and suprisingly van does exactly same thing.

Never came a cross with this trouble code before. i'll have time to look at i tueasday and will post what i found

Anyone came across with this problem before?

Dave Hill
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Renault Master P1882

Post by Dave Hill »

Isn't this a forum aimed at those who are interested at developing their scoping techniques?

Is your post appropriate for this forum?

Do you have access to a Pico scope?

Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Greg.H »

Hi Dave

I do have a 4 channel Picoscope and i willing to developing my scope techniques.My post is appropriate for this forum as this forum is about diagnostic.i know that i never mentioned any waveform as i was too busy to make any.
I regret that i posted i now.Should have wait till tuesday till i do some measurement on it

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

What's the DTC description?

Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Greg.H »

Rail pressure circuit. malfunction/deviation

LEGACY7770
OneWave
OneWave

Post by LEGACY7770 »

injectors :D

Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Greg.H »

A bit of update on Renault Master:

I had a look today.bus got to the stage when only start with easy start.looking live data durin cranking only 108bar pressure in the rail and on test drive cuts out straight away under load.checked injector leak off and it was fine.i changed new DMV back for the old one but still the same no change.clearly shows diesel must leak off somewhere as unable to bild up system pressure with new pump so i done fuel pump proof test.
disconnected injectors and DMV from high pressure pump so can achieve full pressure during cranking.as you can see on captured waveform only reaches to 800mv and pressure leaks off immediately back to 0.5v.
Pressure relief valve stuck open and diesel was pissing out of it at the end of the Accumulator rail.connected a pipe to it a fed into a backet.within short of time got lots of diesel.I gonna get a pressure lelief valve tomorrow and see what's happen.
Am i on the right way??i know that this valve let some diesel through but that way too much what i have seen
Attachments
rail pressure sensor.psdata
Fuel pump proof test
(495.79 KiB) Downloaded 1270 times