Opel/Vauxhall z1.6se

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Opel/Vauxhall z1.6se

Post by hbr »

Hello, is there someone who has a know good capture of the cam and crank signal from a Opel Astra z1.6se, year 2002.

Thanks in advance.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Opel/Vauxhall z1.6se

Post by Robski »

Z16SE_CMP_CKP.JPG

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Whats the problem with it ?

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

The car has a problem with the start. Sometimes it fires up at once and on the other time it has trouble and it seems that the engine is not sparking in the right moment because the engine seems to get stuck.
No trouble codes in the ecu. So i made a capture of cam and crank to see if the signals where good.
I did not have a known good but thought to check the timing. The timing marks on the pulleys where spot on, but my feeling sad something is wrong, so checked the tdc with the spark plug out and found the cam was one tooth of, strange because it did not set a fault code. Corrected the timing and made another capture, engine seemed to fire up at once but after a few times starting it struggled again. So I wanted to be sure to get a know good one.
Attach a view of the before and after capture, of cam and crank. The good one seems to be the same as the one Robski posted.
Attachments
Opel z1.6se cam good.psdata
(4.55 MiB) Downloaded 777 times
Opel z1.6se cam wrong.psdata
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 769 times

mteste03
OneWave
OneWave

Post by mteste03 »

Hi.

Have you checked the key on timing gears?

Matt

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

Hello made some meassurements tonight, found that the ecu fires one of the dis coils on the wrong moment during the start.

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

Also notice the camshaft signal is strange during the start, made a capture of the camshaftsignal also and found that the 5v, signal and ground are to high during the start, after this its good until the alternator kicks in and goes charging then the 5v, signal and ground get pulled down under.

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Somebody a clue?

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

Checked the keys on the pulleys, they are good, also found that the negative battery terminal gives a problem so I shall replace this.
Also made a capture of the dis coil pack, at the start the amps at one of the two coils has a strange behaviour.
Amps dis coil.psdata
(4.69 MiB) Downloaded 753 times