Vauxhall Zafira idle fluctuation

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Vauxhall Zafira idle fluctuation

Post by Greg.H »

Hi

I've got 2010 Vauxhall Zafira 1.7CDTi ecoflex with idle fluctuation problem.(vehicle has done 73000 miles)
Owner ask me to look at the car as since the last servic(done by someone else so no idea what they done with it)the car starts fine even in the cold mornings and sounds nice but when the engine getting warmer idle speed begins to fluctuate.was all right before
so
From experience i guess too much injector leak off could calls this but i haven't got adapter for Denso injectors(bought a set from internet and will do the test when i get it)
interestingly this idle problem is intermittent.sometimes there but sometimes isn't.
Scanned it with scanner(Delphi DS 150)and rail pressure fluctuate between 210-280 bar.
DRV and IMV duty cycle value fluctuate too.both are on high pressure pump on this vehicle and i only could scope Inlet meetering valve as i was unable get to DRV.IMV changes 38-42% on idle.
Another thing is the injection event.Scoping with Pico when the car runs ok there 3 event taking place(Pilot,intermediate,main injection) but when idle fluctuate only two injection events.
looks like the ECU try to compensate something

when the owner bring the car back will do injector leak off test and take IMV off to clean it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Vauxhall Zafira idle fluctuation

Post by Robski »

looks like the ECU try to compensate something
smooth running correction values ??

Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Greg.H »

Hi Robski

1 mg/stroke different across the bord.

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

There is a software update for this but I've seen 2 vehicles return already. I looked at one last week and carried out a fuel injection quantity learn. This solved the idle problem.

I checked live data and the actual fuel pressure was jumping up and down.

There is also a tsb for the moaning noise you can hear on overrun. It comes from the high pressure pump and sometimes this can be heard at idle. Basically change the fuel filter. ( will find out if this is a modified part)

I carried out the injector learn first and it solved it.

Hope that helps

Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Greg.H »

Thanks your help Gruss!

will try to do injection quantity learn with scanner next week.
changed the filter and tested fuel flow with vacuum pump from tank to fuel filter on first visit.fuel flow was correct but nothing changed with the new filter.
I heared moaning noise too.sometimes comes on and goes.

I also need a wiring diagram but none of my data base(Autodata,Tolerance data) have for a new vehicle like this.
Any idea where can i get it from?what other data base out there?

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

You have PM