Seat cordoba revving problem

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
antthecat
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Seat cordoba revving problem

Post by antthecat »

I'm a ex owner of a ethos, it should have live data for this, I would be looking at APP sensor data.

Thomas1986

Post by Thomas1986 »

Then go invest.............

Sounds like you're in a very understanding area, i might sell most of my equipment & come work round there it sounds ideal.

I think the latter part of quoted statement translated = Was hoping for a silver bullet .

So the $1M question, when you get a scope what are you going to be looking at on the car :?:
I am in the process of investing,just after setting up my garage had a lot of equipment to buy to get started.Well people around me understand we are in the depts of a massive recession and garages are closing every week.My customers understand I just set up and finding my feet.Im not looking for a silver bullet just some info after all I thought that's what forums were all about.An old colleague of mine has one and is giving it to me on Monday for a few hours,so hopefully will have an answer by lunch time.This problem only seems to happen when it passes a certain speed.So I will be checking sensors feeding Ecu our speed.I will checking Crank sensor,Cam sensor and speed sensor.

Thomas1986

Post by Thomas1986 »

antthecat wrote:I'm a ex owner of a ethos, it should have live data for this, I would be looking at APP sensor data.
There is some live data for some sensors.Not a whole Lot on this model.I was thinking app sensor but only happens when past a certain speed,rather than position of accelerator pedal.I will be testing it if I don't see anything wrong on crank,cam or speed sensor.What diagnostics did you move on to from the ethos.

antthecat
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by antthecat »

Also check vehicle speed on live data.

Autocom cdp pro is my scantool and where I work they use launch and a modis. For the money I would recommend vcds, one of the best tools for vag group.

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi

It could be your clutch pedal switch (F36) there is making some trouble, when you say it happens - when you disengage the clutch.

When clutch is disengaged should it reduce the injection quantity a bit. It´s worth checking and it don´t requires some fancy tools to test it - just a plain DMM should do it.

Yes - I know there are other opportunities to diagnose this problem - but it´s a start.

Regards
Kim

Thomas1986

Post by Thomas1986 »

Hi Kim, thanks for reply.I thought the same and checked clutch switch its grand.when you engage clutch after a certain speed the problem occurs it then revs high while you are still pressing clutch.if you put in neutral it stays revving high till you clutch and brake or select a gear

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

Can you view tps data?

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi

I'm a little curious, how you did physical test this clutch pedal sensor F36 ?

Is the Seat Cordoba 1.4 TDI equipped with cruise control system CCS ?

Regards
Kim

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

KimAndersen wrote:Hi

I'm a little curious, how you did physical test this clutch pedal sensor F36 ?

Is the Seat Cordoba 1.4 TDI equipped with cruise control system CCS ?

Regards
Kim

A Seat Cordoba with cruise control system, I shouldn't think so. The clutch switch on these is just a 2 pin switch, could be tested with a battery, 2 bit of wire and a bulb if you dont have at least a DMM
seat clutch switch.jpg
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT

Thomas1986

Post by Thomas1986 »

hi kim,i used a dmm.Any method described by liteace would work.There is no cruise control on car.I decided today i would try speed sensors to see if i could make any headway.On this car there is wheel speed sensors.I disconnected the passenger side one,test drove vehicle and the problem was still there.I reconnected it and disconnected the drivers wheel speed sensor, test drove vehicle and the problem was gone.obviously i have abs light on in dash now with this disconnected.But i seem to have found my location of the problem.