Usb cable caused damage to my scope!

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
hexibot43
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Usb cable caused damage to my scope!

Post by hexibot43 »

Not here to gripe at all. I dropped my scope a couple weeks ago and it happened to land just right against the USB cable damaging the USB port of my scope. :shock: I'm in America and my scope is on it's way to the UK. I sure hope it finds it's way home soon. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has seen a cable that is not so rigid? I think if the cable had been loose all the way up to the scope everything would have been fine. There is just to much leverage on the USB port via the cable end when installed. Otherwise I'd love to see a modification of the scope's USB port providing better protection of it. I think the rubber boot that can be purchased as a cover could also be enlarged to provide better protect. The BNC cables are good. It's just that USB port putting the cable in a vulnerable position.

I guess I'm writing this in part to let everyone know to be careful.

And yes Autonerdz - I wish I had bought my scope through you...

hexibot43
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Usb cable caused damage to my scope!

Post by hexibot43 »

I just got my Scope back! It ended up taking a trip across the pond for repairs. I have to say that the people at Pico are stand up guys. I absolutely have to blame myself for the damage done, but they took care of it. I have decided to take a rolling tool box and make the scope a part of it, keeping it well protected. So Thank you Pico! I didn't realize how much I was really using it until I was without it. Going back to my old scopes was not fun at all.