what pico osci to buy?

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
serch marc

what pico osci to buy?

Post by serch marc »

Hi there folks
Serch over here.

My concern and doubt ? = 1st pico scope.

i already checked the pico web page, YES very informative & veryhelpful
but to be honest i just watchedpaul danners channel and how he makes his diagnostics
and i can see he is using the 4000 series pico scope.
NOW.

as far i cheked on the webpage. there are 3 types of 4000 series and they vary on several details(HZ,MS/s,etc)

in resume,, i dont know what to buy.

why? because i know the pico scope have a lot of uses ,advantages, modes,etc
And i know there will be some features i wont use and also some features ill need to use.

Another doubt is that i saw on the webpage ,there are more advanced/professional scope
and i dont know are right for me,

oviously i need the automotive series but i like to prevent,thats the reason of my doubtness

maybe a more advance scope will fill all my need and also the future need and technologies that will have the cars of 2014 or 2020.
i know maybe im asking too much but its always better to know the truth.

i made a research and the only best place to get original pico tech is CHILE AND BRASIL

the chile cast/dealer was very unhelpful ,he just sent me an alternative (price about 1000$) but just the scope
and i need a KIT
with atenuators, cables, probes, backprobes, A clamps(very important) , and all i can see the pros use.

thats why im thinking seriously going to BRASIL to buy it.
but what scope will have fill my needs and the future need at leat 10 years if is possible

please excuse my medium english wrting and i hope im clear,,if not let me know

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: what pico osci to buy?

Post by Autonerdz »

For automotive use, there are only two best scope choices. The two channel 4223 and the four channel 4423. Then you just have to decide what kit you want to get the desired accessories. :wink:
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz

serch marc

Post by serch marc »

Autonerdz wrote:For automotive use, there are only two best scope choices. The two channel 4223 and the four channel 4423. Then you just have to decide what kit you want to get the desired accessories. :wink:
i thought so.

i think the more advanced scopes are for different purpuoses
defenitly the more complete the kit are the more expensive
but the clamps are a must
:lol: :)
thank you for your reply.

VanBelkumW

Post by VanBelkumW »

Hi
Also trying to decide what Pico would work for my needs.
My main working area is not Automotive, but in fiddle with Cars in my spare time.
My real work area is more IT and Electronics.
My question is:
1) What is the difference between 4423 and the 4424 ?
2) Would PicoScope Automotive software work with the 4424, 5000, 6000 PicoScope ? (I don’t include 9000 because it has different software.)
3) Would PicoScope 6 software work with 4423 ?

Thx in advance.
Wilhelm

eric989
OneWave
OneWave

Post by eric989 »

VanBelkumW wrote:Hi
Also trying to decide what Pico would work for my needs.
My main working area is not Automotive, but in fiddle with Cars in my spare time.
My real work area is more IT and Electronics.
My question is:
1) What is the difference between 4423 and the 4424 ?
2) Would PicoScope Automotive software work with the 4424, 5000, 6000 PicoScope ? (I don’t include 9000 because it has different software.)
3) Would PicoScope 6 software work with 4423 ?

Thx in advance.
Wilhelm
1)the hardware parameters such as bandwidth, vertical resolution, sampling rate and memory are same between 4423 and 4424.
2) PicoScope Automotive software only work with 4223 and 4423.
3) PicoScope 6 software work with 4423 and 4223.
Eric Chen
Hongke Technology,China

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Just to clarify...

If you want a scope that works in both then the 4223 or 4423 is what you are after. Note that you will only receive the 2yr warranty, not 5yr as they are auto scopes.

PicoScope Automotive supports: ADC212, PS3223, PS3423, PS4223, PS4423,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

lazsdi

Is it possible to convert 4424 to 4423?

Post by lazsdi »

Hello I'm new here.
Unfortunately I bought a Pico 4424 instead of 4423 and I have to use automative software.
Can I solve it anyway or possible to change the software or hardware in the scope?
Is it possible to convert 4424 to 4423?
Many thanks,
Lazsdi

Lee
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Lee »

Hi Lazsdi

Unfortunatley theres nothing you can do with the scope itself to convert it. How long ago did you buy it, you maybe able to return it if still within the return window.

Otherwise really you have 2 options, try and sell it to recover as much of the cost as possible and purchase the 4423 Scope.

Or you could use the 4424 Scope in the T&M Software and use the Automotive Software as reference but then you really dont get the full benefit of the Automotive Package as you wont be able to use Pico Diagnostics. You would also need to ensure you had the correct equipment i.e. kit contents so it maybe best advice to sell the 4424 and purchase a kit if you dont have the accessories already.

Id really recommend getting your hands on the 4423 really to get the best deal and best package all round.

If you look to buy a second hand scope id try to avoid the ADC212, and 3000 series scopes as these for todays technology aernt spec'd enough, especially for CAN Bus, flexray etc as the 4000 series is able to provide more power and produce better data/results. Also the ADC212 and 3000 versions dont work/have limited use in Picoscope Diagnostics so to get the best from your investment try and keep to the 4000 series automotive scopes.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Lee :D

lazsdi

Post by lazsdi »

Hello Lee,
I received it just yesterday. It was ordered a week ago in Hungary. I just connected to the laptop and open automative software and received the message if compatible scope not connected. Unfortunately I didn't read everything about automative scope. I have and older 2 channels scope from Pico and I use it for tractors but now the CNH suggests to check more features at the same time.
How can I change back the scope or send back?
What I need for this process?
Many thanks,
Lazsdi

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Please contact your supplier, particularly if this is a brand new unit, and explain the situation. If they are unwilling/unable to exchange the unit then please contact us directly at support@picotech.com
Martyn
Technical Support Manager