Vw golf 1.6 runs bad

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Vw golf 1.6 runs bad

Post by hbr »

Capture of lambda togheter with map and inj. Last frame reved the engine.
Vw 1.6 aee lambda map.psdata
(3.86 MiB) Downloaded 702 times

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

Also noticed when disconnecting the lambda sensor it does not set a fault code.

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi hbr

Your lambda sensor seems to working fine - so i wouldn't worry about this for now. A thing that may need a more attention are your intake pressure sensor (MAP)

You mentioned that you reved the engine at the last frame - how high did you rev the engine at that point !!!

If the engine reached full throttle you should have a higher reading and when the engine get to down to idle speed - the readings seems lower than expected.

You could try to test the MAP sensor with a vacuum pump and see how the engine react to this. As always you need the right specification for that specifically engine type to verify the reading from this sensor.

Kim

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

Hello, I believe my reply from yesterday is gone forever, so I will post it again.
The fix for the car was that someone has fitted an ignition distributor from a monopoint 1.6 engine to this car. After checking the numbers on the distributor I found it was the wrong one, so I picked up a good one for the car, after fitting this one the car runs good again. The window in the hall frame was a little bit different and this caused the trouble.
Thanks to everyone who has helped me.