Citreon C5 P0351 code

Everyone loves a happy ending. Share your diagnostic success stories here.
Rred

Re: Citreon C5 P0351 code

Post by Rred »

Very interesting. Also somewhat curious, because discrete electronic parts (including resistors) when properly chosen for the job, literally should last hundreds of years. I'd wonder if the resistor was defective, or improperly spec'd by Citroen, or if there's still something else wrong that made it blow. Perhaps low voltage on the fan power supply line?

--Red

bill_gj

Re: Citroen C5 P0351 code

Post by bill_gj »

A very nice piece of deduction and fault finding.

There are too many times when an OBD code is taken as gospel and no thought is applied to the analysis.
The Codes are only reliable and any good when the whole system is functioning as it should and without any degradation in associated systems or components.

I've used Picoscope to examine voltage/current transients in development vehicles and it's interesting to see how, for example, ECUs are affected by modern gearboxes and by stop/start systems, especially when the battery is a little low due to discharge or ageing.

An excellent outcome.

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Citreon C5 P0351 code

Post by Liteace »

Rred wrote:Very interesting. Also somewhat curious, because discrete electronic parts (including resistors) when properly chosen for the job, literally should last hundreds of years. I'd wonder if the resistor was defective, or improperly spec'd by Citroen, or if there's still something else wrong that made it blow. Perhaps low voltage on the fan power supply line?

--Red
Its just a case of built in obsolescence, the same with anything we buy today (not Pico of course :D) companies want supercheap production and not really interested in quality
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT