Vauxhall 1.9cdti

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
crcoops
OneWave
OneWave

Vauxhall 1.9cdti

Post by crcoops »

Hi just wondering if any one has come across a problem iv got, iv got fuel up to the high pressure pump but theres only a bit coming out of the outlet but not much pressure the customer has bought a second hand pump which has been tested but still the same problem. Just wondering we're to start with the scope? Iv got a 12v feed to the two pin plug on the pump could the fuel rail pressure sensor cause this problem?

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Vauxhall 1.9cdti

Post by Robski »

Have you measured the LP to the pump or just guesstimating ?

What you got on the FRP sensor signal KOEO?

What's happening at the IMV, voltage/current-wise ?

It doesn't sound like you know a lot about CRD, have you replaced the pipes you have cracked off ?

How many channels you got ?

crcoops
OneWave
OneWave

Post by crcoops »

Iv got 2 bar from the lp pump,iv got 0.65 then when cranking goes up to 300/400 on the frp. But what doesn't seem right is when I crack the pipe off there doesn't seem to be any thing there very little diesel.

Iv got a 2 channel ADC 212 which iv only just started using new to this just trying to learn as much as possible,info would be really helpful. I'm a novice who is trying to learn the hard way lol

On the injection quantity mg/stoke all 4 are 0.00

Also wont attempt on easy start which I would of thought valve timing was out but iv checked that and done compression test. But should still have fuel out of pump

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

The HP pump delivers pressure not so much volume & you should not be cracking the pipe off to see !

What does your info system tell you about the LP ??

take 1 CH with cranking current & the other on the FRP signal, but it's no good telling you to post the capture as you never do which makes it difficult to try help.

What readings did a compression test reveal for each cylinder ?

& no attempt to start on sniff ??? is this the 150 ??

Milage ?

Do you have the 600 & low amps clamps ?
Last edited by Robski on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crcoops
OneWave
OneWave

Post by crcoops »

Ill get a wireless dongle sorted for after Christmas if it helps more ill post my results.
Thanks