Examining Chrysler 3.3 Engines For Broken Flex Plates.

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Examining Chrysler 3.3 Engines For Broken Flex Plates.

Post by Autonerdz »

It was brought to my attention that the images in this post vanished. This post was done in the early days of these boards when images could not be uploaded. They were links to an old server we no longer have. I was going to edit the original post and insert the new links so it would just be fixed but was not able to do that. So....here are the missing images reposted.
Attachments
Broken flywheel
Broken flywheel
Good CKP/CMP relationship 10x zoom
Good CKP/CMP relationship 10x zoom
Good CKP/CMP relationship
Good CKP/CMP relationship
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz

hakim

Post by hakim »

i have a 2002 grand caravan flex fuel seems like it has the same problem like yours when it gets hot after running for 15min start messfiring and backcfire and if it get too hot it will stall ,it it cool down for 15 20 min it will run again normally the code reader showed up po300,po303 po306 , one mecanic sugested me to change the coil pack changed it still same then told me to change injectors cylinder 3 and 6 i havent done it yet should i try first the cranckshaft let me know please thanks for any help????

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Hakim,

I would monitor the crank and cam signals along with ignition coil current and injection if you have the four channel scope. Anytime you have a Chrysler with disrupted ignition and/or injection, the cam and crank inputs are a suspect.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz