Cylinder balance

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Cylinder balance

Post by Robski »

Would it be possible to add a 'quick start' to the cylinder balance test in Pico diagnostics which does away with the set up box for a fast access test ?

There has been a couple of occasions where i would have liked to start straight up from cold without doing the set up bit to pin misfires & how many cylinders.

Thanks.

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Cylinder balance

Post by Alan »

We are ahead of you on this :D

Option 1 - just press cancel when the setup wizard starts (OK its still one extra click)
Option 2 - go to options at the top and you can turn off the wizard

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

thanks Alan, i will try that next time.

joshua1

Post by joshua1 »

Hi guys,
While using the pico cylinder balance test, how the failed cylinder balance should be recognized?? Additionally i need some information about the compression test?? How can i perform the compression test?? Plz give me a reply........

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

Hi,

As the cylinder balance tests runs continuously the quickest way to identify which cylinder is which is to briefly disable one cylinder (unplug an injector etc). One bar will then drop to show that cylinder is not producing any power. Re enable that cylinder and the bar will go back up. Now you know which bar one cylinder represents the rest are just in firing order. eg if you unplugged cylinder 1 injector on a 4 cylinder car then the next bar to the right will be 3 then 4 then 2 (assuming 1342 firing order).

As for compression see the relevant video guide here http://www.picoauto.com/automotive-diag ... ideos.html

mteste03
OneWave
OneWave

Post by mteste03 »

Just be sure not to unplug a piezo injector while the engine is runnnig.

Matt