Help

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
glenn
OneWave
OneWave

Help

Post by glenn »

Hi all
It's me first post, but I need some help please, what I would like to do is upload a waveform saved in my documents and post it on here for all to view.

many thanks in advance

Glenn :oops: :?:

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Help

Post by Robski »

choose upload attachment & browse to the destination you saved it in,but if too big it will not upload !

glenn
OneWave
OneWave

Post by glenn »

Hi Robski, thanks for replying maybe thats what went wrong, is there a way to make the attachment smaller?

Thanks again

Glenn :?

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

either save a single buffer where the juicy bit is or trim the file :)

glenn
OneWave
OneWave

Post by glenn »

Well at last the waveform is here I hope, right here goes, The vehicle is a VW Lupo 1.6 GTi AVY engine fault code is P0160 = fuel trim bank 1 malfunction, the trace is the signal wire on both oxy sensors, the problem is the signal on the front sensor the voltages and earth seem to be fine at the block connector to sensor this trace shown is what is happenning now after cleaning earths and connections on ECU, before this the trace used to spike randomly up to 0.8volts. Since I've done the connections, engine light has'nt come back on?
I'm still fairly new to picoscope so I dont pretend to be an expert by any mean's, just wondering what your thought's are?

cheers Glenn
Attachments
lupo 79794.psdata
(451.88 KiB) Downloaded 671 times

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Glenn

Couple of questions..............

What probe have you got selected there ?
What you got capturing on CH A & CH B, CH B is an obvious O2 but CH A ??

Pay attention to the scaling on CH A !

In future it is advisable to add a note by clicking edit & notes so we know what we are looking at or include in the title of the capture.
Lupo_1.jpg
Can you attach the before capture as well or was this it ?

glenn
OneWave
OneWave

Post by glenn »

Hi Robski

I didnt notice the scaling on CH A which is the front sensor, just went into auto set up pre and post, my fault for taking set up for granted, that was all I captured I'm afraid.
many thanks for advice, I just need to get more expierence scoping etc

Glenn
:D

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Glenn

Not a problem.

Try to avoid the Automotive presets from the out set, Auto set up is good to find your feet if you're not sure what to expect but will need 'fine tuning' .......we all start somewhere :wink:

Before you set up take a moment to think about the signal amplitude/speed as this will give you a clue what to set at........then there is sample rate :shock:

Oh & the probe you should have used there was the X1 :wink:

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

I think the front sensor most VW's is a wideband is it not, I may be wrong, please correct me if I am but I dont think you can use an oscilloscope for testing this type of sensor, Its always best to plug in a VCDS and do a readiness test or look at measuring blocks
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

I think the front sensor most VW's is a wideband is it not, I may be wrong, please correct me if I am but I dont think you can use an oscilloscope for testing this type of sensor
If so yes on both counts, by either a micro amps clamp for the pumping current or the voltage signal wire which is a higher voltage range than the Zirconia type :D