Battery Test

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
jam670

Battery Test

Post by jam670 »

Hi all
I thought i would let you know about this job. I ran a battery test on service last week as i now do for all cars in for a service and the battery was at 60% capacity. I recommended replacement before it fails.

The customer checked out the Pico site from the web address on the print out and he was very impressed with the site and the complex issues we face (I think he was looking on the forum here!) Due to this one test he is a very happy customer that this was caught before turning into a non start :D.

Its nice to get some good feed back so i thought i would pass it around. It makes that 5 min to run the test well worth it :D

James

evanlip
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Battery Test

Post by evanlip »

hi,im a new user of picosope,may i know where to get the method of testing the battery condition?sure the customers will be happy seeing this.

evan.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the feedback.

Very interesting to see customers actually looking at print outs and taking the time out to research the company behind the content.

The internet is an incredibly powerful tool and we do have to up our game to keep up with our customer demands too.

It great to see how the customer was impressed with the content here and how we are all pulling in the same direction for everyone's benefit.

The battery test Evan can be found as part of the Pico Diagnostics Software that accompanies the PicoScope 6 Automotive software when downloaded form our website at http://www.picoauto.com/download-software.html

The Battery test is fully automated once connections have been made as per the help file and the results will present your customer not only with a battery test but a starter and alternator test included

Thanks again, take care......Steve

evanlip
OneWave
OneWave

Post by evanlip »

thank you so much steve smith...so i just download the software there and ready to go?
thats awesome...will try then..thank you.

ashcloud

Post by ashcloud »

Hi
I have my Pico 4425 since Christmas and just started to do some testing. Today I was at my friends house (we both work on our classic cars) and to show my new toy we started a battery test on his Volvo P121, now the result was great and he was happy to see that the Pico loved his car too except the starter resistance was "yellow" and said 35 mO(Ohm). now we both lack experience to interpret that so I wanted to ask:
1) what does it mean or tell and
2) what test can I run to get better information on his starters condition?
Thanks Bernhard