Channel setup??

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Columbus
OneWave
OneWave

Channel setup??

Post by Columbus »

This is probably a very basic and easy thing to do but i want to use my 4 channel automotive scope to read 2 channels of voltage at injectors and one with a current clamp. If i use the automotive drop dopwn menu my nice voltage read out goes mental. If i set up with out that i cannot for the life of me work out how to change channel 2 or 3 to current rather then voltage.
I had two injectors running simultaneously but when i try to add a current clamp into the equation i just can't do it.
This probably stems from being told not to use preset values in the software, any help greatly appreciated gonna have to read all the user documentation again tonight.
thanks

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Channel setup??

Post by Autonerdz »

Columbus,

PicoScope doesn't know that you are using a special probe, attenuator or anything else. You have to tell it what you are using by selecting the appropriate custom probe. Do this by clicking the channel letter and then selecting the appropriate probe from the dropdown.

Eventually you will add probes to your library where you can edit them and add ranges within the probe. For now, you would be selecting the 60A current clamp 20 amp mode and ensure the amp probe switch is in the 20A position. This will then scale in amps.

As always, make sure the scope is grounded to battery negative and any and all channel grounds are at the same place.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz

Columbus
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Columbus »

Just tried to use the automotive drop down menu method and sack off the third channel which results in me picking up current and massive interference on channel 1 When i should have 0v i have what looks like a high frequency ac ranging from 4v to -4v what am i doing wrong?

Columbus
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Columbus »

cheers tom very helpful will have another go in a minute thanks.