HI NEW MEMBER

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
bill's autos

HI NEW MEMBER

Post by bill's autos »

Hi just ordered a pico automotive kit i am just getting back in the motor trade after a brake of 14 years (boy have i got a lot to catch up on )so will probably need some help along the way

thanks

bill

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: HI NEW MEMBER

Post by Alan »

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum!

14 years is quite a gap but when you get your PicoScope put aside some time to look at signals on a vehicle with no faults. Looking at the waveforms and using the guided tests to help you understand them is the best way I know of really understanding how a modern vehicle works.

Feel free to ask questions - we are here to help.

bill's autos

Post by bill's autos »

THANKS ALAN
I LOOK FARWARD TO BEING A PART OF YOUR GREAT COMUNITY

BILL

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

bill's autos wrote: i am just getting back in the motor trade after a brake of 14 years
Bill,

Anyone who comes back into this trade (especially after that length of time) has to be completely bonkers.... :lol:

I guess you will fit in perfectly here then. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crikey things have moved on a pace since then you may want to consider some training courses. Where are you based?

bill's autos

Post by bill's autos »

things have changed my background is in pcv/ lgv now i am learning cars ( i think i got this the wrong way around? i was ment to work on cars first then the big stuff right ) well i did it my way i have been working for a local hospital as a electrical /mecanical tech but the job may be going soon so here i am at 40 starting again but i do like electronics so this is a help by the way i am in cornwall i hope to be of help to others when i learn how to do it myself.

bill
Last edited by bill's autos on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kev
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Kev »

Hi Bill,
First of all welcome!! :D , secondly don't worry, somebody has to live in Cornwall :lol: . You know you'll get all the help you need here Bill, I was just surprised the Hospital couldn't help, . . .OK I'm done with the jokes, you know where to come for any help. Good luck getting back into it, your a brave man!

Kev (From up North!)

bill's autos

Post by bill's autos »

Thanks Kev your right someone has to live in sunny cornwall got the scope today so will be trying it asap a bit diferant to the lab scopes we used in the hospital. i am hopeing to get some work with a local auto sparks to kick start me as he is old school ( you do'nt need a scope to repair a car so we will see if i can sort some problems he can't ) but he is a very good auto sparks just need to try to bring him up to date

bill