Fiat 1.6 2001 primary.

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Fiat 1.6 2001 primary.

Post by hbr »

Hello, a final update for this vehicle, the coil pack made it run a lot better, but the map reading at idle remained high, because I couldn't find any air leaks I decided to check the timing again, this is done with a locking tool in the back of the camshafts because the sprockets have no keys. Then I found that the timing tools where abused by someone so the camshaft had about half a tooth play with the tool in place, set the timing again with good tools and this was the final solution for the last rough running.
I want to thank everyone who has helped me on this forum.

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

Great to hear about a happy ending - thanks for updating us.

Kev
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Kev »

I'm glad to hear that hbr. It's always good when you get feedback, it lets you know whether your still thinking along the right tracks! Oh by the way, one good reason why you should never use the alignment tools to hold the mechanical parts, whilst you undo and tighten bolts, there's a lesson if there was one!

Thanks again Kev

Dan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Dan »

Kev wrote:one good reason why you should never use the alignment tools to hold the mechanical parts, whilst you undo and tighten bolts
A friend snapped a camshaft doing that - thankfully the alignment tool was ok :roll: :lol:
Knows pre-2000 Fords and R33's better than the back of my own hand.
Anything newer... I'm probably driving it :-(

Kev
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Kev »

If that had been me Dan, I would have managed to have broke both the cam and the tool!! :lol: