saved file path

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Jabsam
OneWave
OneWave

saved file path

Post by Jabsam »

I think it will be better if the software allow users custom their saved waveform file path.

antthecat
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: saved file path

Post by antthecat »

I normally save mine to a usb stick so i can analyse a waveform at home and it saves clogging the hard drive up.

Can i ask why you would like to make a custom path? i can change mine by selecting folder and changing to removable disc.

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

Jabsam wrote:I think it will be better if the software allow users custom their saved waveform file path.
jabsam,

It does already :D :D :D

When you install the software it rather helpfully creates a folder called "Waveforms" in your "My Documents" folder and defaults to save any waveforms there.

However at any time if you choose to save a waveform to absolutely any other location on your computer, the software will use this location as it's default save position until such time as you choose another location.

Not sure what it does if you save to an external memory stick as Ant does as I do not have time to try that at the moment!

Kev.
Last edited by PicoKev on Tue May 22, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

OK just tested the External USB drive bit by saving a W/F to an external drive, closed PicoScope and ejected the drive.

Opened PicoScope again and saved a waveform and it quite happily defaulted back to "Waveforms" in "MyDocuments" :D

Damned clever what Oh! 8)

Kev.

Jabsam
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Jabsam »

PicoKev wrote:
Jabsam wrote:I think it will be better if the software allow users custom their saved waveform file path.
jabsam,

It does already :D :D :D

When you install the software it rather helpfully creates a folder called "Waveforms" in your "My Documents" folder and defaults to save any waveforms there.

However at any time if you choose to save a waveform to absolutely any other location on your computer, the software will use this location as it's default save position until such time as you choose another location.

Not sure what it does if you save to an external memory stick as Ant does as I do not have time to try that at the moment!

Kev.
Yes,It does!!! I updated my software and found it does. Thanks Kev.

Jab

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

No worries Jab,

It is always worth while keeping up to date with the latest software release as the rate of change is pretty impressive.

Granted not everything works first time but it is usually worth the effort to upgrade. 8)

Kev.