Fiat 1.6 2001 primary.

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Fiat 1.6 2001 primary.

Post by hbr »

Hello i got a problem with a Fiat bravo 1.6. This car won't run good, the map reading is 500 mbar and i can't find any leaks in the intake system with a smoke machine. Also the primary signal i captured is strange, can somebody tell me what is causing this.
Ontsteking Fiat.JPG
Also attached the psdata.
Attachments
Fiat primary.psdata
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 823 times

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Fiat 1.6 2001 primary.

Post by Robski »

Have you checked the timing ? ( verify MAP with a vac gauge )

The primary looks like a misfire.
Last edited by Robski on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

Do you have access to fuel trim data? If so, what are you getting for STFT and LTFT @ idle then at 3000 rpm?

Kev
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Kev »

Ontsteking Fiat.JPG
Hi hbr, first I would check the valve timing (costs nothing), then I would be looking for another set of HT leads. If the waveform persists then I would replace the ignition coil in that order. Could you add a bit more information as to the characteristics of the fault as far as running goes!
Kev
-->
hbr wrote:Hello i got a problem with a Fiat bravo 1.6. This car won't run good, the map reading is 500 mbar and i can't find any leaks in the intake system with a smoke machine. Also the primary signal i captured is strange, can somebody tell me what is causing this.
Ontsteking Fiat.JPG
Hi hbr, first I would check the valve timing (costs nothing), then I would be looking for another set of HT leads. If the waveform persists then I would replace the ignition coil in that order. Could you add a bit more information as to the characteristics of the fault as far as running goes!
Kev