Does the mixmaster always fail to work? HELP

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
benmixmaster

Does the mixmaster always fail to work? HELP

Post by benmixmaster »

I can never get the mixmaster to consistantly work correctly from new!
Channel b is the mixmaster, Notice what looks like a primary oscillation in the pattern, channel a is another tool being used temporarily to confirm, mixmaster problem.

Any one have this problem? Any one ever get the mixmaster to work for any duration of time?

Will it ever be reliable? any one know whats causing this? HELP HELP HELP I need a tool to diagnose, not a tool that needs a diagnosis!
I have tons of time training to diagnose with ignition system patterns, but mixmaster does not seem to work for me to do this, I cant keep waisting time if this thing isnt going to be reliable!!
See attached psdata file to see one way it has failed.
Attachments
what causes this 20120307-0001.psdata
(771.04 KiB) Downloaded 664 times

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Does the mixmaster always fail to work? HELP

Post by Alan »

Hi,

That is an odd oscillation. I asked our tech support guys if they have seen anything like this before and they said they are already in contact with you. It looks like we need to get the mixmaster back to test / check.

Hopefully the Support team are looking after you but if you have any concerns drop me a PM.

BTW Does the oscillation occur when only one HT pickup is connected to the mixmaster? If not then try plugging that one HT lead into each input in turn. I have a slight suspicion that one channel may be faulty.

benmixmaster

Re: Does the mixmaster always fail to work? HELP

Post by benmixmaster »

Hi allan,
Ok I tried to do some experimenting with it, I think like you said.

I tried different single leads one at a time, and it seems that it does not matter which lead as I did find recently a bad lead, but it seems to be more in the area of input #1 on the mixmaster, especialy if I jiggle the connection at input #1 (I used no trigger or external trigger so this should not be any part of the issue), although it does affect every ignition event across the pattern.
So it does seem to be in the mixmaster unit very intermittent.