Hello

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
ScannerDanner
OneWave
OneWave

Hello

Post by ScannerDanner »

New to the board, just stopping in to say hi. It is good to have as much help as possible in this field and I am sure that this site is perfect for that. I will try to contribute as much as I can as I know you guys will help me too.
Here is a little about me.
20 years in the field, specializing diagnostics
ASE L1 Master Tech
11 years teaching at Rosedale Tech. in Pittsburgh PA
Run a small mobile diagnostics business in my area (keeps me sharp for class)
Have been expanding my reach lately with how-to youtube videos on automotive diagnostics. (search ScannerDanner)
Have owned the two channel 212 pico, the 3000 series and now have the new 4000 series. Just about every case study in my book has pico scope pics in it to emphasize each new topic. Love my picoscope!
Attended Jim Linder's Guru and Pico classes about 6 years ago. Jim is the one who turned me on to the picoscope. Also I have to mention Randy Dillman and John Thorton as superior technical trainers who taught at these classes. These guys opened my eyes to an entire new world using a scope.
Looking forward to meeting you guys
Paul Danner

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hello

Post by PicoMike »

Welcome along! I'm sure you'll be a healthy addition to the forum :D
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

Hi Paul & welcome.

Paul is probably to modest to mention that he publishes an excellent book on diagnostics so I will plug it for him :D
http://www.autocomputerstroubleshooting.com/

ScannerDanner
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ScannerDanner »

alan wrote:Hi Paul & welcome.

Paul is probably to modest to mention that he publishes an excellent book on diagnostics so I will plug it for him :D
http://www.autocomputerstroubleshooting.com/
Hey thank you Alan!

ScannerDanner
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ScannerDanner »

AuthorMike wrote:Welcome along! I'm sure you'll be a healthy addition to the forum :D
Hey Mike! Thanks

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

Hello Paul

I've just watched your O2 PCM response test on YouTube and was very impressed, you make it so simple to understand and the instructions at the start of the video are great!
As someone very new to scopes I like to watch videos and learn and you'll be a great help! Welcome to the forum... :D

Ps.
Check out my " used my scope for the first time last night " thread. I'm going to use this test purely just to have a play with the scope...any excuse to use it really.

Russ

ScannerDanner
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ScannerDanner »

GRUSS wrote:Hello Paul

I've just watched your O2 PCM response test on YouTube and was very impressed, you make it so simple to understand and the instructions at the start of the video are great!
As someone very new to scopes I like to watch videos and learn and you'll be a great help! Welcome to the forum... :D

Ps.
Check out my " used my scope for the first time last night " thread. I'm going to use this test purely just to have a play with the scope...any excuse to use it really.

Russ
Thank you Russ
Keep watching, more on the way and thanks for the welcome