INSIGNIA 09 rear wheel ABS sensor fault

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: INSIGNIA 09 rear wheel ABS sensor fault

Post by Robski »

Have another read of the thread to refresh your memory
I know what you asked my memory doesn't need refreshing, you have answered your own question by swoptronics.....but what would you do if after swopping it was the same ?

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

Robski wrote:
Thanks for the reply Alan, you confirmed what I was thinking.
So if it looks random your happy to fit a sensor ?
Fair point, random was perhaps a poor choice of word. Its always difficult to talk about the shape of waveforms so its one of those times when "a picture is worth a thousand words" and you should not condemn any component based on a description of a waveform especially one as vague as random. If this thread had started with a waveform post it would have been easier to give advice.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Fair point, random was perhaps a poor choice of word. Its always difficult to talk about the shape of waveforms so its one of those times when "a picture is worth a thousand words" and you should not condemn any component based on a description of a waveform especially one as vague as random. If this thread had started with a waveform post it would have been easier to give advice
Exactly Alan.

I think Gruss needs to start building his own library, unless he can get a known failed capture of the component he suspects, & is 100% that this is his failure also, of known good & bad captures.

The swoptronics method is a good way of learning & proving & gathering experience of what the failed component capture looks like,this when other identical components are available on the car is better than throwing expensive parts on obviously.

PS the first thing that crossed my mind with " random " was air gap .

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

I wish I would have had my scope that day, I think if I remember I was still getting to grips with it.
Vauxhall technical didn't even mention using a scope. I will take as many captures as I can as I want to learn.