Transposig wave forms

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Howard1

Transposig wave forms

Post by Howard1 »

Hi I wander if you can help me i would like to know how you can transpose a known good waveform over the one you are viewing so as to compare them. i have heard that it can be done.
Please would you explain in detail thanking you in advance.
Howardtripper

Richard Boyd
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Transposig wave forms

Post by Richard Boyd »

Howard,

You can accomplish this with the reference waveform dialog. Reference waveforms allows you to save a known good waveform to the software and allows you to view it at a later time - for example comparing a recent capture to your known good waveform.

To setup a reference waveform, first open up the saved waveform or capture a known good waveform. Next go to Tools -> Reference Waveforms. Next, select the channel that you wish to save and then click the duplicate button. This saves the waveform to your database, if you wish to display it simply put a check mark next to the name in your library. it is beneficial for later use to click edit and give the waveform a proper name such as Chevy 5.3L Crank Sensor.

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com

Howard1

Re: Transposing wave forms

Post by Howard1 »

Thank you Richard
I know how to save the waveforms but how do i actually put one wave form on top of another at the same time.
Howardtripper

Richard Boyd
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Transposig wave forms

Post by Richard Boyd »

Howard,

To position the waveform, at the bottom of the voltage scale there is a box that by default is x1.0. Click this and it will bring up a dialog that you can change the offset and delay to position the reference waveform where you wish on the screen.

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com