hello

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
ecosse
OneWave
OneWave

hello

Post by ecosse »

hi folks i am a new user of pico auto scope and may need some help at some point so thought i'd say hello :D

i have a trace from a crank sensor that i took wondred if it looked odd to anyone there seems to be some noise or interferance in there engine was at idle

its from a ren laguna which came to us with a missfire which turned out to be a throtle body problem :D

right info is a must which i got after three calls to my customer speaking to his wife daughter and himself :D
Attachments
ren crank pos fault.psdata
(379.51 KiB) Downloaded 767 times

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: hello

Post by Robski »

Hi

That could well be ignition interference or injector,did you have your test leads clear of the engine ie away from coil/plug leads etc.

If you maybe sync'd an ignition event from which ever the offending cyl was it would tally ?

Some more time on the screen would also give a bigger picture whether it was happening in the same place or was random.
Last edited by Robski on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecosse
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ecosse »

didnt realise about ign though all leads cables were away from engine completely this is only my second ever try of the pico as ive managed for 13 years wiyhout one and done ok though have decided to get into this pico and try to master some basic tests

i have a auto lec nearby who has never failed me yet my main use of the p[ico is going to be for bat and charging systems tests glow plugs and starters etc general workshop stuff just to prove a faulty component not so much auto electrical work

but will use it as much as i can basicly want to use it to my advantage as much as possible :D

intropiles

Post by intropiles »

Could you show some pictures of you pointing out?

ecosse
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ecosse »

hi there this is a zoom in of the trace i took it was def random when zoomed out this was easy to see each one of these glitches as i have called them were dif in shape size and were sometimes after 10 cycles then 3 apart then 8 so on and so fourth the car is still running ok as far as i am aware so who knows :D