motorcycle diagnostics

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
saracen

motorcycle diagnostics

Post by saracen »

hi :D
i need a system that can measure ht voltage on a motorcycle cdi system also dispay rpm taken from the ign ht lead via inductive pickup
it would be nice if i could have dual trace readout to run comparrison tests ht/trigger readings ect

john saraen motors :roll:

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi John,

You may find this interesting:

http://www.picoauto.com/applications/trium.html

The PicoSope automotive kit may be a good way to go. It has all the stuff you need included but the PC. The article above mentions the ADC 200. The kit includes the ADC 212/3. This one has the same buffer size, superior vertical resolution but a slower maximum speed. The kit offers substantial savings over purchasing individual components.

You won't be able to measure RPM read out directly but could easily calculate it from the capture.

Just my 2 cents. We'll see what the Pico guys say....

:shock:
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz

ricardo
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ricardo »

Totally agree with Tom, the auto kit would be ideal. It includes a secondary ignition pickup lead (2 if you get the advanced kit) which simply clamps round your HT lead.
Unfortunately, as Tom mentioned you won't be able to measure RPM directly, but you can easily calculate it from your ignition trace.

Best Regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator

michael fuhrer

99 DR350R

Post by michael fuhrer »

I have a 99 DR 350R and before I went to Iraq it ran fine. Now when I start it, it blows oil out of the crankcase ventilation.I pulled the ventilation tubes and cleaned theme out but is there anything else it could be. Please Help I am going crazy not being able to ride