Waveforms related to the DPF Load and temperature Sensors

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Experimenteer

Waveforms related to the DPF Load and temperature Sensors

Post by Experimenteer »

Would be very interested to read about anyone's experiences with probing DPF load sensors, associated temp sensors etc.

Experimenteer

Re: Waveforms related to the DPF Load and temperature Sensor

Post by Experimenteer »

Has nobody gone near a DPF with a scope?

Anybody know if the load and exhaust temps sensor signals are basic 5v like a map sensor?

Or digital or differential outputs?

Dave Hill
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dave Hill »

Hello Expeerminter (Can I have your name please? :wink: )

I have some waveforms from a differential pressure sensor, that I captured, whilst applying a vacuum & then pressure. I have never bothered capturing the signal from the temperature sensors though. They don't seem to give any problems.

I find it more convenient to study the pressure readings vie serial data. By observing the pressure reading at "key on engine off" & then running the engine at a variety of speeds, it is possible to determine if the sensor is functioning correctly & furthermore, if the DPF is clogged, partially clogged, or even clear. Some back pressure is necessary, otherwise a DTC will be set for "Particulate filter punctured"

HTH

Dave

Experimenteer

Post by Experimenteer »

Names Tony.

Would it be possible please to get a look at those waveforms,
or at least a written description such as + or - 5V or whatever?

Where are you reading the serial data from?

Dave Hill
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dave Hill »

Hi Tony

Most good diagnostic tools can display "differential pressure sensor" parameters. I use Peugeot Planet, but I have seen the same data on other tools too.

I can't lay my hands on the waveforms at the moment (I have misplaced my USB 500GB portable drive :cry: )

From memory the waveforms were fairly unexciting & you shouldn't have any problem in finding a donor car, so that you take some good reference captures from.

I will look out for my captures & post them when I get time.

Cheers

Dave

Experimenteer

Post by Experimenteer »

Hi,

Due to rather long winded internal funding and requsitioning processes, I will not have a scope
to play around with for about 8 weeks.

I would be most grateful if you could describe the typical DPF signal.

For example, is it 2.5 V downto zero when pressure is applied in one direction, 2.5 upto 5 when applied the other way - in other words differential outputs like would be fed into a single supply op amp?

Or is it simply vehicle ground to 5 V, with a 5V supply to the sensor? Is it two wire only? Is it relative to vehicle ground or a floating situation?

Thanx,

Exp