PP264 compared to Snapon EETA308A

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.

PP264 compared to Snapon EETA308A

Post by Guest »

Was after some info on how the PP264 clamp compares to the Snapon EETA308A clamp.
Have used the earlier Vantage for the last ten years but now have purchased the Vantage Pro and would like to get a Low Current Clamp to use for diagnosis.
The PP264 is considerabley cheaper than the Snapon version and i understand the EETA308A has been designed for the Snapon range of products but wonderd if anyone has used both for a comparison on noise handling etc.

Many Thanks.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: PP264 compared to Snapon EETA308A

Post by Autonerdz »

The PP264 has superior shielding and is therefore much more resistant to underhood RFI. The EETA308A is very susceptible to RFI.

We have compared the PP264 and other probes and found it superior to all we have tested, including the Fluke 80i110s, which had been the industry standard for years and considered well shielded.

THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

Gadgetguy

Post by Gadgetguy »

Thanks very much for the info Autonerdz and some great articles on your site.

Received my PP264 today and must say a big thanks to paul at Pico for all his help in finding an adaptor so as to be able to use the PP264 with my Vantage Pro.

It works like a dream and has helped me sort out a problem with an Astra H in a matter of minutes and pinpointed the problem component rather than as usual with the Vauxhall checking procedures giving an either or result which can work out rather expensive for paying customers when the vehicle is out side of the warranty period.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Gadgetguy,

Good to hear you got all hooked up. The Pico team is awesome. :)

Thanks for visiting our site too.

I see you also found The Autonerdz Community Forums. I just approved your registration there. I think you will find these to be the most active and information rich automotive lab scope forums anywhere. Mostly PicoScope related but a lot of other stuff too. Some really amazing talent represented there from all over the globe. Welcome and enjoy.....

THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America