can bus decoding

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
stefan1

can bus decoding

Post by stefan1 »

i use picoscope 4423 .loaded in picscope 6 ver6.3.43.0 but no can bus decoding.is there an automotive version ,if so where can i download it from thanks stefan

PeterF
OneWave
OneWave

Re: can bus decoding

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
The default settings for the Automotive version of R6.3.43 is to have Spectrum, Persistence & Serial decoding turned off. To make them available, go to Tools, Preferences, Options and under Advanced Features, tick Spectrum, Persistence & Serial decoding. Click on Apply. To access CAN decoding, select Tools & then Serial Decoding.
Regards,
PeterF.

stefan1

Post by stefan1 »

Thanks peter for aquick response to my question about can bus.tried it and all works well.but what to do with all this info in real life. regards stefan

autologic

Post by autologic »

I have already used this feature on a BMW X3 with a LIN bus issue. Normal scoping of the LIN bus showed a normal pattern but decoding showed bit stuffing errors in all messages. I removed components off the bus until I found that the General module which is the master module of the LIN bus was putting out corrupt initialisation messages over and over. component activation with a diagnostic machine was neve an issue through the whole analysis. Without decoding the fix on this car could only have been parts swapping

Amechs

Post by Amechs »

Autologic,
Any chance you could post some examples of the waveforms for us?

Thanks,
Paul.
amechs