Secondary DIS/CPC neg+poss fired

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
tommyb72

Secondary DIS/CPC neg+poss fired

Post by tommyb72 »

Was trying to obtain secondary capture on a renault clio today using a secondary Ignition pick up PP178 clamped around ht leads.using function secondary DIS/CPC neg fired and also poss fire but couldnt get any capture on screen using latest software 6.2.14
Although i could using the old version 5. with single screen capture.
I must be doing something wrong in trying to get a capture with this latest version. could anyone help me on this thanks.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Secondary DIS/CPC neg+poss fired

Post by Autonerdz »

Tommy,

Hard to say...might help to know what scope you were using.

Some general DIS guidelines:

You'll have better results if you do not use the automotive menu setup.

Select the secondary custom probe with the appropriate polarity for the cylinder on that channel.

Turn up requested samples to the max and place plenty of time on the screen with no trigger at first to see what you have and then zoom in to examine detail. You can set a trigger and adjust time to preference after you see the trace.

THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

tommyb72

Post by tommyb72 »

Im using a 2 channel 3223 scope, i was using Secondary Ignition Pickup (PP178) lead. Clamped over H.T leads.
I selected Automotive then Ignition then secondary then DIS/CPC Negative fired and Possitive fired but didnt get anything at all i tried alltering scalling but nothing.

You say select custom probe do i go into tools then custom probes then secondary ignition pickup, im still learning my way round the picoscope thanks

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Tommy,

Where you end up with Tools/Custom Probes is the edit dialog. This is where you create, import, export, and modify the custom probes. You do not select them from there. You select them from the channel options button probe drop down.

Since you are new at this, perhaps you would benefit from this little movie:

http://www.autonerdz.com/flash/ps6intro.html

One of the things in the movie shows you where to select the custom probes. :shock:

With your 3223, you will want to turn up the requested sample rate to the max and leave it there. The automotive menu selections dummy that way down so you cannot then put more time on the screen without signal degradation.

THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America