Overlay waveforms to compare.Possible?

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Dan@KCC

Overlay waveforms to compare.Possible?

Post by Dan@KCC »

Hi,
I would like to know if it is possible to lay one saved waveform over another to compare them.

Also how do I set and get readings from the rulers? I can't find it in any of the menus and the help menu didn't appear to tell you where to find them.

Forgive me if I am missing something obvious, any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

Kent Car Craft

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Overlay

Post by Autonerdz »

Dan,

Using PicoScope 6 reference waveform feature, you can bring a reference waveform into the same screen with another capture.

A ruler readings dialog should pop up when you deploy rulers.

THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

Dan@KCC

Post by Dan@KCC »

Hi Tom,
Thank you for your reply, forgive me for my ignorance but how do you deploy a ruler and perform the overlay task you spoke of?

Cheers,

Dan

Kent Car Craft

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

rulers etc

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi Dan,

For the rulers, you just left click on the little box for the ruler you want and drag it to the place you want it.

There are two vertical rulers. These are found in the lower left of the screen as a small white box.

There are two horizontal rulers for each channel. These are small color coded (to match the channel) boxes at the top of the channel vertical scaling.

This is also detailed in the users guide under help in Pico 6.

The overlay task would be much easier just to show you. The button for this is next to the channels math button and it works a lot like custom probes where you copy into your library, edit, and save. Then you can recall them into the screen from there along with something already on the screen..

You are welcome to join us for our live demo on June 30th, 2009 at 12pm Pacific time (email for details). Or, just contact me to set up another time, when you have a high speed internet connection available, and I can join you in your PC and show you around the program.

We have extensive tutorials on every aspect of PicoScope operation, for automotive use, available to our Autonerdz Picogroup members. But I would be happy to show you some basics to get you started so you can have a taste of the level of support and training we offer for automotive.

You may also find this public Pico6 introduction movie helpful:

http://www.autonerdz.com/flash/ps6intro.html

In North America

Dan@KCC

Post by Dan@KCC »

Thanks a lot Tom, I will experiment with the rulers etc tomorrow.
I have also signed up to the Autonerdz forum and hope to gain a great deal of knowledge from experienced users such as yourself, and hopefully one day be able to help others.
I will look for the details of the live session and try to arrange it so that I can join in.

Thanks again

Dan

Kent Car Craft

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

welcome

Post by Autonerdz »

You're welcome Dan. See you on The Autonerdz Community Forums.

Somehow, we managed to put together some of the most creative and professional, automotive techs from all over the world there. Many use PicoScope, some do not, but all benefit from reading the studies and discussions there. Nothing else like it on the web. If I could figure out how it happened I would write a book or something.... :shock:

Lots of good stuff here too. Nothing else like a PicoScope. Pico Technology has opened up a whole new world for automotive techs. The opportunity to pioneer PicoScope for automotive in North America is the best thing that ever happened to me. :)

In North America