Images and Automotive Software

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Images and Automotive Software

Post by Autonerdz »

Great Forum! Thank you for offering this service. :D

To post an image here do we need to link to our server or do you have a local server to upload the images to so we can post them here for discussion?

A couple of thoughts on the Automotive Picoscope software. I would like to see an easier user interface to add to the automotive drop down mwnu as well as an easier interface to change the number of files saved when using save on trigger. Another great addition would be an integrated database function with searchable fields for year, make, model, engine, etc where the psd files could be stored and retrieved easily from a large collection. [/img]
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz

matthew
OneWave
OneWave

Save on Trigger (Number of Files)

Post by matthew »

Thanks for the comments on the Forum,

We don't have webspace for uploaded images (you can upload your own avatars to our server though). It's quite easy to get hold of free webspace now, so we don't think it necessary to host the images ourselves (will also slow down our server).

The idea to limit the number of 'Save on trigger' files from the software is interesting (I can see the benefit if you only want 10 examples of a certain wave form). I will forward this to our software department.

I agree that a 'database function' would be great, but the software is designed to make it easy for users to add their own waveforms to the library (a database would complicate this considerably). The way that picoscope allows multi-level menus, does emulate a database hierarchy, but still allows user accessibility.

I hope you will continue to post your ideas to the Forum, as we welcome any opportunity to make our products more useable.

Best Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer

Post by Guest »

Thanks Matt,

Actually I increased the number of files saved with save on trigger to more than the default 100. I just thought an easier method with a point and ckick interface would be a nice improvement.

The same with the drop down menu. Having to edit an ini file to to add to the the dropdown menu is a bit clunky. Again, a smooth point and ckick interface to accomplish this would make it much easier to create a quick database access point using the dropdown menu. A lot of us just are not comfortable with the ini file editing. I've goten used to it but having a method of doing this from within Picoscope would be great.

matthew
OneWave
OneWave

Easy Menu Editor

Post by matthew »

I see what you mean,
... although a database would possibly over-complicate the application, a point and click Menu Editor - (.ini file editor) would certainly make life easier. It's a good idea, I've added it to our internal wish list and our software team will review the database / menu editor suggestion.

The point and click Save on Trigger limit has already been added to our wishlist (I'm sure that users could benefit from this).

Best Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer