Paging William Gordon, (WRAF)

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Carl Grotti
OneWave
OneWave

Paging William Gordon, (WRAF)

Post by Carl Grotti »

Hi William,

Please elaborate on what you mean by adapting the ADC 212/3 to a AFR meter. This stems from the thread drift "ARE THERE ANY HYDROCARBON SENSORS AVAILABLE"? http://www.picotech.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=318

Before I respond to the issue of WRAF, let me give you a couple of tips.

1) Post a new subject if the current one is irrelevent.

2) Follow up when someone asks a question regarding your post.

So lets have a look at the Wide Band/Range Air-Fuel Sensor.

Honda has used this for some time. The Cadillac Catera used this from 99-to present. The Saturn 00-04 used this in the LS. There are many more I'm sure. The point is, this is the wave of the future. All manufacturers will eventully take advantage of wide-band technology.

WHY IS THIS BETTER?

Simply stated: MORE PRECISE FUEL CONTROL.

So how are we able to do this? The new O2's, thats how.

In retrospect, lets look back in our conventional style O2 switching. We operate from 0-1000mV correct? When we exceed 14.6:1, or 14.8:1, we no longer have an accurate reading. The wide-band ratio sensor gives accurate readings as lean as 16:1 or as rich as 11:1 thus allowing the engine controller to compensate and adjust trim throughout the entire range.

This brings us to the next question.

William?

william.gordon@williamgor

Pico adapted as a AFR meter

Post by william.gordon@williamgor »

Hi Carl
Thanks for the interest. This is the way it works. I designed an electronic circuit, the input of which connects to the signal wire of the lambda sensor. The circuit converts the voltage swing into a steady DC. This DC is fed into the Pico ADC and displayed as a preconfigured AFR meter.
Regards
William

Re: Pico adapted as a AFR meter

Post by Guest »

william.gordon@williamgor wrote:Hi Carl
Thanks for the interest. This is the way it works. I designed an electronic circuit, the input of which connects to the signal wire of the lambda sensor. The circuit converts the voltage swing into a steady DC. This DC is fed into the Pico ADC and displayed as a preconfigured AFR meter.
Regards
William